When you move, you need a lot of organization so you do not lose objects or your temper. Here is what your to-do list should include to be really helpful.
Two months ahead:
- Sort your stuff and throw what you know you will not take with you
- Ask around about professional relocation companies in your area and find more about their services
6 weeks ahead:
- Get things that will help you move: boxes, bags, duct tape, markers, labels, special containers etc.
One month ahead:
- Choose from the recommended moving companies in Wheat Ridge that will help you move and make all the arrangements
- Pack things that you will not going to use until you move
- Labels each storage box to know what is inside and find things easily when you unpack
- Put valuable things like money or jewels in a safe box that you will carry personally to your new home. Eventually, get insurance for the very valuable items.
- Make formal arrangements for the address change
A week ahead:
- Make sure you can take a couple of free days from work
- Confirm the arrangements made with those who will help you move
- Make your personal luggage
The day before:
- Check once again all the details you’ve arranged with those who will help you move: your address, directions to reach your destination, contact information etc.
- Clean the location you are about to leave
Summer is a good season for moving, because between so many other things you must do in the process, you will not have to worry about protecting your belongings from cold weather too, or about transporting them on slippery roads. Besides, it is obviously easier and more comfortable to pack and unpack dressed in a pair of jeans and a t-shirt, instead of wearing a ton of clothes.
Getting ready for your summer move means to make a plan about every step of the process and identify the resources necessary to go through everything. The most convenient solution is to start looking for professional Arvada moving companies relocation services.
Hiring one of these companies specialized in helping people to move brings a lot of benefits:
- You get help in loading/ unloading furniture and other objects, regardless their size
- Separate packing of fragile objects
- Transportation of furniture and other common items in the new location
- Some companies also offer installation of the furniture in the new apartment and help with unpacking things.
On the other hand, if you prefer to deal with the moving process on your own, make sure you start early in order to find the best packaging materials and sort your things by category, to be easier to transport and then unpack.
Moving is not the end of the world, although it may seem so. It’s just stressful and exhausting, but if you plan carefully every step of the way and avoid doing everything in the last minute, the process will be much easier and you’ll feel more in control.
Your Personal Mover, Inc has earned the home service industry’s coveted Angie’s List Super Service Award, reflecting an exemplary year of customer service to members of the local services marketplace and consumer review site in 2016.This achievement is particularly significant as Angie’s List experienced unprecedented member growth in 2016. More than 1.6 million consumers, many …
Continue reading “Your Personal Mover, Inc Earns Esteemed 2016 Angie’s List Super Service Award”
Whenever anyone asks for a recommendation for another mover if we can’t accommodate their dates or moving needs, I suggest they go to the Better Business Bureau to check reputations. I had just recommended that when I received this in the mail. I am happy to say we have an A+ rating with the BBB. …
Continue reading “A+ Rated Better Business Bureau”
We have assisted people with moves all over this year. From our hometown in Golden, CO to Aurora, Parker, Broomfield, Boulder and Ft. Collins our trucks and crews have been busy moving people to dream homes, new homes and new starts. Thank you for all your business and support! Our hearts are full of gratitude …
Continue reading “Thank You Denver!”
Moving in the fall with the leaves falling all around is a beautiful sight. There are a couple of things to keep in mind in the midst of all that beauty. Leaves can track into a house. Our moving crew will sweep between the ramp and the truck to minimize tracking as much as possible. …
Continue reading “Moving in the Fall”
Hope everyone enjoys Labor Day! From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia Labor Day Labor Day Parade in New York‘s Union Square, 1882 Observed by United States Labor Day in the United States is a public holiday celebrated on the first Monday in September. It honors the American labor movement and the contributions that workers have made to the strength, prosperity, and well-being of their country. Labor …
Continue reading “Celebrating Labor Day”
Fall is in the air and for many of you reading this, it is a time of personal transition as well. Moving in the fall is a pleasant experience. The days are cooler, people are gearing up to root for their favorite football team, and the summer days are getting shorter. This means that your …
Continue reading “Moving Days to Come”
In the spirit of Thanksgiving, thank you all for your interest in our company. Here is a recent email from one of our happy customers. On Wednesday, November 12, 2014 8:20 AM, GLENN ALLISON wrote: Annette, We are enjoying our new home and wanted to write to give you a bit of feedback on our …
Continue reading “Happy Customers, Happy Movers”