Moving house isn’t easy, especially if you have a lot of things to be stressed about. The main issue, however, is safety. When you plan on moving large furniture items and appliances on your own or just with the help of a friend, then you have to consider how to stay safe and use all the precautions at your disposal to avoid exhaustion and injury:
- Drink plenty of liquids prior to the move, especially if it’s hot outside and you plan to be doing it for more than an hour or two. Also, make sure you take regular breaks instead of trying to complete the whole thing in one go. If you feel that you can’t complete the move on your own, call Arvada moving companies with a local team to help you out.
- Never try to lift more than your doctor would recommend. Having a medical checkup before the move just for the purpose of asking your doctor about it is definitely a good idea, especially if you’re not as young as you used to be.
- Secure larger appliances and furniture items and make sure you can grab hold of them properly before you try to move them – especially on stairways or on slippery floors. You want to make sure you can avoid an accident at all costs.
Are you planning to move to a new home? If so, then finding the right cardboard boxes for your move can be very important. Whether you need them for smaller or larger items, it’s a good idea to plan on looking for your boxes on time, since you might have to spend more time on this task than you had expected, so you definitely don’t want to run late with other errands.
One of the things you need to do is gather the boxes you have around the house. Look for boxes that housed old appliances or in which old electronics were delivered. Most of them should be sturdy enough to house your belongings, and if not, you can always reinforce them with duct tape, bubble wrap on the inside and by other means.
Ask your neighbors if they have old boxes lying around as well. Ask your neighbors or any local companies that have moved recently to your area whether they can spare a box or two that you might be able to use during your move.
Wooden boxes and crates can also be an asset if you want to make sure that your items are completely protected during the move. Just make sure that the boxes you find are not too heavy, so that they can still be moved easily enough from one place to another.
Find more great moving tips at http://yourpersonalmover.net/geo-location/moving-company-for-arvada-co/.
Hiring the right movers such as Your Personal Mover of Golden is an important thing to consider even 6-7 weeks before you move to your new place. In that respect, you should consider the following questions that you need to ask your new movers in advance, before you even hire them:
- Do you have a license and proper insurance? Every self respecting moving company should be able to answer this question affirmatively and provide you with details on their license and insurance without trying to hide anything.
- What is the work you will do? Can you help with packing and loading the items, or do you just provide a transportation service? Also, what is the cost of each of the services you have to offer? Getting informed about what the role of everyone in the move is and how much the moving service will cost you should be among the first things you do.
- What guarantee do I have that you will handle my belongings with care and that I will be reimbursed if any of them are damaged during the move? It’s a good idea to go over the movers’ insurance policy and listen to their guarantee offer carefully, before agreeing to hire them.
- What kind of advice can you give me to make sure the move goes smoothly? Typically, a dependable and friendly mover will be able to give you a lot of practical advice that you can also verify by getting a second opinion or doing some online research. That’s how you’ll really know they are legit.
Cardboard boxes are traditional for storing items when you move, but it doesn`t mean they are the only good option. Actually, there are plenty of alternatives, cheap and easy to find around you.
Use storage boxes made from other materials
There are storage boxes made from plastic or metal and they are great to store different kind of objects during their transportation to a new location. Some of them even have wheels, which makes them portable and easier to move around.
Some of these sacks are very thick and come in various sizes. They are ideal for transporting clothes, towels, bedding etc.
You do not have to bother taking the things out of the drawers. Just leave them where they are and secure them in place.
Suitcases, bags, rucksacks, carrier bags and anything similar things you have at home are also great to store things during your home move.
Your washing machine tank
You can sneak in many non-breakable items.
If you are preoccupied on eco-friendly packing materials, here are some ideas:
- Use blankets, towels, clothing and bedding for filling gaps and to prevent other items from moving inside the storage boxes. You can also use them as alternatives to bubble wrap.
- Use pillows and cushions to protect fragile items. Alternatively, you can use packets of rice or pasta, for the same reasons. Find more tips from a local Arvada moving company today.
Who are millennials? Millennials are defined by those born between 1981 and 1988. These 20- to 36-year-olds are the most talked about generation in news today, and they also represent the largest living population, recently passing Baby Boomers in 2015. So much research has been conducted in regards to what millennial preference are and how …
Continue reading “Generational Living: Millennials”
Shop Local. You’ve heard this phrase before, although it was probably referring to food—advertising a neighborhood farmer’s market or butcher shop. But here’s some food for thought: no matter what business it refers to, the concept of spending your money locally is a great idea. Here’s why: Choosing a Small Business: 3 Benefits Community …
Continue reading “The Benefits of Working (And Moving!) With a Small Business”
Whenever anyone asks for a recommendation for another mover if we can’t accommodate their dates or moving needs, I suggest they go to the Better Business Bureau to check reputations. I had just recommended that when I received this in the mail. I am happy to say we have an A+ rating with the BBB. …
Continue reading “A+ Rated Better Business Bureau”
Moving in the fall with the leaves falling all around is a beautiful sight. There are a couple of things to keep in mind in the midst of all that beauty. Leaves can track into a house. Our moving crew will sweep between the ramp and the truck to minimize tracking as much as possible. …
Continue reading “Moving in the Fall”
Fall is in the air and for many of you reading this, it is a time of personal transition as well. Moving in the fall is a pleasant experience. The days are cooler, people are gearing up to root for their favorite football team, and the summer days are getting shorter. This means that your …
Continue reading “Moving Days to Come”