Preparing to move to a new home is a big step, and can be a little disconcerting. When you’re leaving your home, you can expect to feel nostalgic, sad and even somewhat dismayed, especially if it’s the house you grew up in, and you’ve been living there for more than 30-40 years. Fortunately, looking forward to the new home and everything it has to offer will make you and your family feel a lot more hopeful and upbeat in most cases, as long as everything goes smoothly.
If you move to the new place and you find that it’s not yet prepared for you to move in, however, or if the moving van is late, then it can be hard to deal with all the pressure and stay calm. That’s why, it’s a good idea to be prepared and have a plan B ready, in case not everything goes as planned from the very start.
Your plan B needs to consist of having a secondary place you can stay at, especially if you’re moving to a new state. Whether it’s a relative’s apartment or an inexpensive accommodation option, it’s important to discuss it and make sure you can book it at short notice, if necessary.
Another important thing to consider is whether or not your belongings arrive on time. Make sure you take at least some basic necessities (including perhaps a mattress or two, if the house or apartment is unfurnished) to the new place in advance, so you can be sure that you and your household will be able to stay there even if something unexpected happens. Let this move be a breeze with hiring wheat ridge moving companies moving services.
Moving to a new house can be exciting as long as you don’t run into any problems. For that purpose, it’s important to make sure you pack everything properly and that you have a system in place to ensure that nothing gets left behind. Hiring a moving company Arvada has available, can make the move so much easier.
The way most homeowners do it is to label all the boxes and make sure that they have a detailed list with all the items they want to take with them to the new home, as well as items going into storage, things that will get left behind, and old belongings that have to be thrown away, given to charity or recycled.
Typically, you will have to consider allotting some time for a lengthy inventory process. During that time, you can take each item aside and write it on your list, while deciding (together with the rest of your household, if necessary) where it should go. Once you made your decision, label each item with its name and the name or number of the category. As you label the boxes with the category name or number as well, you will know where each item goes without even having to check the list – although it should be important to double check before you place each item in its respective box.
Take extra special care when storing smaller or fragile items. In fact, you might want to consider adding a special category for both types, as they might also require a special process of packing that will ensure they don’t get lost or broken during the move.
While moving to a smaller home can help you save money from the start, the moving process itself can be very tedious, time consuming and expensive. Aside from the money you might lose by not showing up at work during that time, you’ll also have to spend a lot of money on the moving service, the cleaning company and a host of other things that you might not even realize you’d need at first.
To save money while moving, it’s a good idea to keep up with a few basic tips:
- Don’t plan more than one trip, especially if you live far away from the place you’re moving to. Use Wheat Ridge movers that are close to your new home. Try to plan everything so that you can take all your belongings and handle all the paperwork in one go, so that your only worry once you get there is how soon you can unpack and get on with your life.
- Coordinate the moving process with your landlord if you are a tenant. They might know a more affordable cleaning service that might even offer you a discount. Moreover, they could also help you with issues such as storing or selling items that you won’t need or can’t fit in your new home.
- Negotiate the price of additional services with your moving company, and consider performing some of the tasks yourself. For instance, it can cost you more to have all your fragile items properly packaged, and you might be able to do that with just some bubble wrap, a few boxes and some of your friends to help out.
If you’re an adult, moving to get to a new job and the prospect of making more money and exploring a new city can be quite exciting. However, for a child who was born and raised in the city you’re planning on leaving behind, that prospect can also be very scary.
For parents who want to move with their children to a new home, it’s important to keep in mind what the child is leaving behind and try to put their mind at ease about the new place.
First, make sure you provide them with a few comforting thoughts about leaving behind any friends they have bonded with in school, and maybe buy them a new phone they can use to keep in touch with them.
Another important aspect to be aware of is that the familiar places and activities they’ll be leaving behind will be hard to replace. In that respect, you can talk to them about areas in the city you’re moving to, where they can continue pursuing everything from their hobbies and sporting activities to games and entertainment.
Finally, it’s a good idea to involve your kids in the moving process – at least covering the aspects that affect them the most together. If you haven’t chosen a home yet, consider whether you can find one that’s closer to the school or neighborhood they prefer and whether they want to be closer to the playground than to the local chess club. Regardless of their choice, it’s important to keep your child in the loop and make sure they have a say in the decision associated with the move. Always hire one of the respected professional moving companies Arvada area to help ease the tension of moving.
When you move, you need a lot of organization so you do not lose objects or your temper. Here is what your to-do list should include to be really helpful.
Two months ahead:
- Sort your stuff and throw what you know you will not take with you
- Ask around about professional relocation companies in your area and find more about their services
6 weeks ahead:
- Get things that will help you move: boxes, bags, duct tape, markers, labels, special containers etc.
One month ahead:
- Choose from the recommended moving companies in Wheat Ridge that will help you move and make all the arrangements
- Pack things that you will not going to use until you move
- Labels each storage box to know what is inside and find things easily when you unpack
- Put valuable things like money or jewels in a safe box that you will carry personally to your new home. Eventually, get insurance for the very valuable items.
- Make formal arrangements for the address change
A week ahead:
- Make sure you can take a couple of free days from work
- Confirm the arrangements made with those who will help you move
- Make your personal luggage
The day before:
- Check once again all the details you’ve arranged with those who will help you move: your address, directions to reach your destination, contact information etc.
- Clean the location you are about to leave
Summer is a good season for moving, because between so many other things you must do in the process, you will not have to worry about protecting your belongings from cold weather too, or about transporting them on slippery roads. Besides, it is obviously easier and more comfortable to pack and unpack dressed in a pair of jeans and a t-shirt, instead of wearing a ton of clothes.
Getting ready for your summer move means to make a plan about every step of the process and identify the resources necessary to go through everything. The most convenient solution is to start looking for professional Arvada moving companies relocation services.
Hiring one of these companies specialized in helping people to move brings a lot of benefits:
- You get help in loading/ unloading furniture and other objects, regardless their size
- Separate packing of fragile objects
- Transportation of furniture and other common items in the new location
- Some companies also offer installation of the furniture in the new apartment and help with unpacking things.
On the other hand, if you prefer to deal with the moving process on your own, make sure you start early in order to find the best packaging materials and sort your things by category, to be easier to transport and then unpack.
Moving is not the end of the world, although it may seem so. It’s just stressful and exhausting, but if you plan carefully every step of the way and avoid doing everything in the last minute, the process will be much easier and you’ll feel more in control.
Nobody likes losing money. This is essentially what happens all winter long, if your home is not properly insulated. Home insulation can be accomplished by the average person at a relatively low cost, and, if done efficiently, DIY insulation is a money saver in the long-run. Make sure your home is a desirable location for …
Continue reading “Money (Heat) – Saving Insulation Tips for Winter”
Stay current and up to date during your next move using mobile apps. There are downloadable apps for everything under the sun, including moving. These highly rated apps are used for house hunting, organizing home inventory, and interior and exterior design. Realtor.com (4.5 Stars) The Realtor.com app provides all information necessary to find the perfect …
Continue reading “Top 3 Mobile Apps for Your Next Move”