The most important thing when you move is to plan and organize everything in time including the movers Arvada has for hire. Therefore, for a successful home relocation, follow the steps below:
Contact a moving company, choose the services you need and schedule your move
Evaluate the different provided services and decide which ones are helpful for you and which ones you can afford. Always ask for price estimation before making your choice. Contact the moving company again, a couple of days before your move, and discuss the last details.
Start packing early
Start packing personal items at least a week before your moving date. For better organization and easier access, pack each room separately and put labels on every box.
Dismantle bulky furniture
Beds, cabinets, wardrobes – these large furniture pieces must be dismantled, otherwise there may not be possible to move them.
Prepare the large house appliances for being moved
Defrost your refrigerator the day before you move. Do not do this on the moving day, because it will leak all over your other belongings, during transportation. Also, contact an installer to cut off the washing machine from the water system, as well as the stove from the gas network.
Moving is not an easy process and sometimes people need a short term storage option, when there is some time between moving dates. Keeping all your belongings in a safe environment until you can bring them into your new home is very important
Short term storage is typically provided for less than three months. It is influenced by the type of transition that you are making as well as the things you need to store in your unit. There are companies providing short term storage renting options and, when you decide to contact one, you will have to consider a few aspects.
First, try to determine how much space you need. Storage companies have facilities with different unit sizes and there is no need to pay for a too large unit. Take into account not just the overall amount of your belongings, but also the size and shape of the boxes and the way you plan to store them. The storage facility will help you identify the right size unit if you provide them relevant information.
The storage location also matters, because you probably prefer to have your things as close as possible. Also, make sure that you are allowed to access them anytime you need. It’s also helps when you hire Your Personal Mover of Arvada to move your items from storage to your new home.
Finally yet importantly, make sure the unit amenities will keep your things protected from all kind of damage, including fragile things and electronics.
If you are currently preparing for relocating to your new home, you probably have small as well as bulky items to pack. While small objects can easily go into boxes or containers that protect them against damage, bulky items, such as household appliances and furnishing items are much more difficult to pack. Here are some tips to make packing large things easier:
- Use foil and bubble-wrap – very large items cannot be packed into boxes and bags, so the only thing that you can do is to protect them with some sort of flexible packaging solution;
- Remove drawers and shelves – empty the furnishing items that have interior storage components, such as shelves and drawers and pack these components separately for making it easier to move the large items;
- Take apart whatever you can – disassemble all the bulky items that can be disassembled. That way, you will have multiple, smaller items, rather than one huge object that is difficult to move. Don’t forget that you will have to re-assemble the items after you arrive at your new location, so take pictures of your items when they are still assembled and document every stage of the disassembly as well, that way you will be able to it all again in reverse order in your new home, with the help of moving companies Arvada has to offer.
The whole process of moving to the new house may be more demanding than you think. Here are some useful recommendations for moving easily and quickly, without forgetting to pack anything.
- Sort things out and eliminate what is useless
Moving is a perfect opportunity to do a general cleaning and to get rid of objects you no longer use. Instead of taking with you all the things you have, assign a day to donate or dispose old items that you will no longer need in your new home.
- Start packing early
Even if you think it won’t take you long to pack everything and be ready to move, this process may actually take you days. Therefore, do not leave anything for the last moment, but start to pack your things and put them in boxes at least one week before the day of the move.
- Pack your things strategically
It can be tempting to pack everything as quickly as possible, placing the items in boxes randomly, with no regard to any criteria. However, saving time like this on packing typically means that unpacking will take you a very long time.
The ideal method is to sort the objects on categories and place them in dedicated boxes (use labels!). For example, you can have a special box for the kitchen items (cutlery, dishes, small appliances). As such, when you unpack, you will know exactly the location of each object and be able to arrange everything much faster. Using this process also helps the Arvada moving company workers know what room to place them in at your new home.
Moving plants to a new home can be somewhat tricky. Because plants need constant light and water to survive, keeping them in one place without anyone being able to access them can be a huge problem. Also, it’s important to make sure they are not in a place where they can easily be damaged or affected by toxic compounds or chemicals such as various cleaning agents.
The following recommendations should help you keep your plants safe throughout the entire moving process:
- Make sure you don’t just stuff your plants in a box. That’s one of the worst things you can do. Instead, allow them some open space and access to light, and make sure that they are not too crowded by your other belongings, whether you put them on the moving van or drive them to the new house yourself. It is best for you to move your plants rather than the Arvada moving company, not that they don’t move plants, it’s just better for you to move them.
- Avoid placing your plants in areas where they can be exposed to various chemicals. Also, unless you have a grow tent at hand, avoid putting them in storage.
- Make sure you are still able to water your plants regularly. For example, don’t put them in storage for long without visiting them, and make sure that you don’t transport them to your new home before you or someone else gets a chance to be close enough to at least visit the place regularly – even if you’re staying somewhere else while the renovation work is being completed.
Moving house isn’t easy, especially if you have a lot of things to be stressed about. The main issue, however, is safety. When you plan on moving large furniture items and appliances on your own or just with the help of a friend, then you have to consider how to stay safe and use all the precautions at your disposal to avoid exhaustion and injury:
- Drink plenty of liquids prior to the move, especially if it’s hot outside and you plan to be doing it for more than an hour or two. Also, make sure you take regular breaks instead of trying to complete the whole thing in one go. If you feel that you can’t complete the move on your own, call Arvada moving companies with a local team to help you out.
- Never try to lift more than your doctor would recommend. Having a medical checkup before the move just for the purpose of asking your doctor about it is definitely a good idea, especially if you’re not as young as you used to be.
- Secure larger appliances and furniture items and make sure you can grab hold of them properly before you try to move them – especially on stairways or on slippery floors. You want to make sure you can avoid an accident at all costs.
Are you planning to move to a new home? If so, then finding the right cardboard boxes for your move can be very important. Whether you need them for smaller or larger items, it’s a good idea to plan on looking for your boxes on time, since you might have to spend more time on this task than you had expected, so you definitely don’t want to run late with other errands.
One of the things you need to do is gather the boxes you have around the house. Look for boxes that housed old appliances or in which old electronics were delivered. Most of them should be sturdy enough to house your belongings, and if not, you can always reinforce them with duct tape, bubble wrap on the inside and by other means.
Ask your neighbors if they have old boxes lying around as well. Ask your neighbors or any local companies that have moved recently to your area whether they can spare a box or two that you might be able to use during your move.
Wooden boxes and crates can also be an asset if you want to make sure that your items are completely protected during the move. Just make sure that the boxes you find are not too heavy, so that they can still be moved easily enough from one place to another.
Find more great moving tips at https://yourpersonalmover.net/geo-location/moving-company-for-arvada-co/.
Cardboard boxes are traditional for storing items when you move, but it doesn`t mean they are the only good option. Actually, there are plenty of alternatives, cheap and easy to find around you.
Use storage boxes made from other materials
There are storage boxes made from plastic or metal and they are great to store different kind of objects during their transportation to a new location. Some of them even have wheels, which makes them portable and easier to move around.
Some of these sacks are very thick and come in various sizes. They are ideal for transporting clothes, towels, bedding etc.
You do not have to bother taking the things out of the drawers. Just leave them where they are and secure them in place.
Suitcases, bags, rucksacks, carrier bags and anything similar things you have at home are also great to store things during your home move.
Your washing machine tank
You can sneak in many non-breakable items.
If you are preoccupied on eco-friendly packing materials, here are some ideas:
- Use blankets, towels, clothing and bedding for filling gaps and to prevent other items from moving inside the storage boxes. You can also use them as alternatives to bubble wrap.
- Use pillows and cushions to protect fragile items. Alternatively, you can use packets of rice or pasta, for the same reasons. Find more tips from a local Arvada moving company today.
Moving in the fall with the leaves falling all around is a beautiful sight. There are a couple of things to keep in mind in the midst of all that beauty. Leaves can track into a house. Our moving crew will sweep between the ramp and the truck to minimize tracking as much as possible. …
Continue reading “Moving in the Fall”
Fall is in the air and for many of you reading this, it is a time of personal transition as well. Moving in the fall is a pleasant experience. The days are cooler, people are gearing up to root for their favorite football team, and the summer days are getting shorter. This means that your …
Continue reading “Moving Days to Come”