While moving to a smaller home can help you save money from the start, the moving process itself can be very tedious, time consuming and expensive. Aside from the money you might lose by not showing up at work during that time, you’ll also have to spend a lot of money on the moving service, the cleaning company and a host of other things that you might not even realize you’d need at first.
To save money while moving, it’s a good idea to keep up with a few basic tips:
- Don’t plan more than one trip, especially if you live far away from the place you’re moving to. Use Wheat Ridge movers that are close to your new home. Try to plan everything so that you can take all your belongings and handle all the paperwork in one go, so that your only worry once you get there is how soon you can unpack and get on with your life.
- Coordinate the moving process with your landlord if you are a tenant. They might know a more affordable cleaning service that might even offer you a discount. Moreover, they could also help you with issues such as storing or selling items that you won’t need or can’t fit in your new home.
- Negotiate the price of additional services with your moving company, and consider performing some of the tasks yourself. For instance, it can cost you more to have all your fragile items properly packaged, and you might be able to do that with just some bubble wrap, a few boxes and some of your friends to help out.
If you’re an adult, moving to get to a new job and the prospect of making more money and exploring a new city can be quite exciting. However, for a child who was born and raised in the city you’re planning on leaving behind, that prospect can also be very scary.
For parents who want to move with their children to a new home, it’s important to keep in mind what the child is leaving behind and try to put their mind at ease about the new place.
First, make sure you provide them with a few comforting thoughts about leaving behind any friends they have bonded with in school, and maybe buy them a new phone they can use to keep in touch with them.
Another important aspect to be aware of is that the familiar places and activities they’ll be leaving behind will be hard to replace. In that respect, you can talk to them about areas in the city you’re moving to, where they can continue pursuing everything from their hobbies and sporting activities to games and entertainment.
Finally, it’s a good idea to involve your kids in the moving process – at least covering the aspects that affect them the most together. If you haven’t chosen a home yet, consider whether you can find one that’s closer to the school or neighborhood they prefer and whether they want to be closer to the playground than to the local chess club. Regardless of their choice, it’s important to keep your child in the loop and make sure they have a say in the decision associated with the move. Always hire one of the respected professional moving companies Arvada area to help ease the tension of moving.
When you move, you need a lot of organization so you do not lose objects or your temper. Here is what your to-do list should include to be really helpful.
Two months ahead:
- Sort your stuff and throw what you know you will not take with you
- Ask around about professional relocation companies in your area and find more about their services
6 weeks ahead:
- Get things that will help you move: boxes, bags, duct tape, markers, labels, special containers etc.
One month ahead:
- Choose from the recommended moving companies in Wheat Ridge that will help you move and make all the arrangements
- Pack things that you will not going to use until you move
- Labels each storage box to know what is inside and find things easily when you unpack
- Put valuable things like money or jewels in a safe box that you will carry personally to your new home. Eventually, get insurance for the very valuable items.
- Make formal arrangements for the address change
A week ahead:
- Make sure you can take a couple of free days from work
- Confirm the arrangements made with those who will help you move
- Make your personal luggage
The day before:
- Check once again all the details you’ve arranged with those who will help you move: your address, directions to reach your destination, contact information etc.
- Clean the location you are about to leave
Summer is a good season for moving, because between so many other things you must do in the process, you will not have to worry about protecting your belongings from cold weather too, or about transporting them on slippery roads. Besides, it is obviously easier and more comfortable to pack and unpack dressed in a pair of jeans and a t-shirt, instead of wearing a ton of clothes.
Getting ready for your summer move means to make a plan about every step of the process and identify the resources necessary to go through everything. The most convenient solution is to start looking for professional Arvada moving companies relocation services.
Hiring one of these companies specialized in helping people to move brings a lot of benefits:
- You get help in loading/ unloading furniture and other objects, regardless their size
- Separate packing of fragile objects
- Transportation of furniture and other common items in the new location
- Some companies also offer installation of the furniture in the new apartment and help with unpacking things.
On the other hand, if you prefer to deal with the moving process on your own, make sure you start early in order to find the best packaging materials and sort your things by category, to be easier to transport and then unpack.
Moving is not the end of the world, although it may seem so. It’s just stressful and exhausting, but if you plan carefully every step of the way and avoid doing everything in the last minute, the process will be much easier and you’ll feel more in control.
Nobody likes losing money. This is essentially what happens all winter long, if your home is not properly insulated. Home insulation can be accomplished by the average person at a relatively low cost, and, if done efficiently, DIY insulation is a money saver in the long-run. Make sure your home is a desirable location for …
Continue reading “Money (Heat) – Saving Insulation Tips for Winter”
Stay current and up to date during your next move using mobile apps. There are downloadable apps for everything under the sun, including moving. These highly rated apps are used for house hunting, organizing home inventory, and interior and exterior design. Realtor.com (4.5 Stars) The Realtor.com app provides all information necessary to find the perfect …
Continue reading “Top 3 Mobile Apps for Your Next Move”
Disassembling furniture for a move is another one of those DIY projects for those who do not want to enlist a moving company. Even for those who do seek help from a moving company, disassembling furniture yourself ahead of time is one way to save time and money. Big, bulky furniture is made to fill …
Continue reading “Disassembling Furniture for a Move”
PODS, ABF U-Pack and Pack Rat If one were to add up all the decisions required to make for a move, how many would that be? Hundreds? Maybe even one-thousand, depending on the distance? Many questions people ask themselves when planning a move involve the cost of moving. Nobody wants to pay more than what …
Continue reading “Easing Your Move with Portable Moving Storage Containers”