When you move, you need a lot of organization so you do not lose objects or your temper. Here is what your to-do list should include to be really helpful.
Two months ahead:
- Sort your stuff and throw what you know you will not take with you
- Ask around about professional relocation companies in your area and find more about their services
6 weeks ahead:
- Get things that will help you move: boxes, bags, duct tape, markers, labels, special containers etc.
One month ahead:
- Choose from the recommended moving companies in Wheat Ridge that will help you move and make all the arrangements
- Pack things that you will not going to use until you move
- Labels each storage box to know what is inside and find things easily when you unpack
- Put valuable things like money or jewels in a safe box that you will carry personally to your new home. Eventually, get insurance for the very valuable items.
- Make formal arrangements for the address change
A week ahead:
- Make sure you can take a couple of free days from work
- Confirm the arrangements made with those who will help you move
- Make your personal luggage
The day before:
- Check once again all the details you’ve arranged with those who will help you move: your address, directions to reach your destination, contact information etc.
- Clean the location you are about to leave
Summer is a good season for moving, because between so many other things you must do in the process, you will not have to worry about protecting your belongings from cold weather too, or about transporting them on slippery roads. Besides, it is obviously easier and more comfortable to pack and unpack dressed in a pair of jeans and a t-shirt, instead of wearing a ton of clothes.
Getting ready for your summer move means to make a plan about every step of the process and identify the resources necessary to go through everything. The most convenient solution is to start looking for professional Arvada moving companies relocation services.
Hiring one of these companies specialized in helping people to move brings a lot of benefits:
- You get help in loading/ unloading furniture and other objects, regardless their size
- Separate packing of fragile objects
- Transportation of furniture and other common items in the new location
- Some companies also offer installation of the furniture in the new apartment and help with unpacking things.
On the other hand, if you prefer to deal with the moving process on your own, make sure you start early in order to find the best packaging materials and sort your things by category, to be easier to transport and then unpack.
Moving is not the end of the world, although it may seem so. It’s just stressful and exhausting, but if you plan carefully every step of the way and avoid doing everything in the last minute, the process will be much easier and you’ll feel more in control.
Nobody likes losing money. This is essentially what happens all winter long, if your home is not properly insulated. Home insulation can be accomplished by the average person at a relatively low cost, and, if done efficiently, DIY insulation is a money saver in the long-run. Make sure your home is a desirable location for …
Continue reading “Money (Heat) – Saving Insulation Tips for Winter”
Stay current and up to date during your next move using mobile apps. There are downloadable apps for everything under the sun, including moving. These highly rated apps are used for house hunting, organizing home inventory, and interior and exterior design. Realtor.com (4.5 Stars) The Realtor.com app provides all information necessary to find the perfect …
Continue reading “Top 3 Mobile Apps for Your Next Move”
Disassembling furniture for a move is another one of those DIY projects for those who do not want to enlist a moving company. Even for those who do seek help from a moving company, disassembling furniture yourself ahead of time is one way to save time and money. Big, bulky furniture is made to fill …
Continue reading “Disassembling Furniture for a Move”
PODS, ABF U-Pack and Pack Rat If one were to add up all the decisions required to make for a move, how many would that be? Hundreds? Maybe even one-thousand, depending on the distance? Many questions people ask themselves when planning a move involve the cost of moving. Nobody wants to pay more than what …
Continue reading “Easing Your Move with Portable Moving Storage Containers”
In 2016, 11.2 percent of the United States population, or roughly 36,301,304 Americans, moved. The consensus is, it takes 60 boxes to pack the average American household. Multiply 36.3 million by 60, and we have a really, really big number. The burden moving places on the environment is not small. Luckily, there are inexpensive, …
Continue reading “Going Green: Eco-Friendly Moving Tips”
It’s not ideal for anyone to have to pack up all their belongings and move during a bitterly cold winter. Unexpectedly, life might decide to throw you a blizzardy curve-ball and before you know it, it’s winter and you’re packing up the house. Fortunately, there are precautions that will help ensure your move goes as …
Continue reading “Preserving Plants While Packing & Moving in the Winter”