Packing your moving boxes correctly is essential for protecting your belongings while they are travelling in the cargo truck. If you feel a bit overwhelmed by the task of selecting the items that should go in the same box and by placing them safely into the boxes, here are some tips for you:
- Get the right boxes – dedicated boxes are always sturdier than the used boxes that you can get from the grocery store around the corner, so they should be your go-to option, especially if you need to pack items that are heavy as well as fragile. Get multiple sets of various sizes – you will need small, medium-sized and large boxes, too;
- Pack your items one room at a time – packing the contents of one room and moving on to the next when you are done packing the first one is the most efficient way to pack. Always start with the least used items in a room and make sure to indicate the contents of each box on labels attached to the boxes;
- Use specialty boxes, too – you might need special boxes for special items, such as artwork, mirrors or valuable musical instruments which you can find through your local moving companies Arvada is home to;
- Use bubble wrap and wrapping paper, too – it is very important to wrap each of your fragile items into paper or bubble wraps before you place them into boxes;
- Indicate fragile items – mark the boxes that contain fragile items with arrows to indicate the direction for placing the boxes.