Stress-Free, Professional Moving Services
Your Personal Mover, Inc
Free In Home Quote
Moving Company for Arvada CO
Moving is one big, life-changing decision. Your Personal Mover, Inc. is a moving company for Arvada, Colorado and makes your move as easy as possible for you and your family. From apartments to condominiums, new home large and small, we’ve got the movers in Arvada, equipment and experience to handle the job. As a moving company in Arvada, we pride ourselves on being your local moving company and our outstanding customer service. Our customer service earned us a five-star rating from Denver City Search, and an “A+” from the Denver/Boulder Better Business Bureau. We take the stress out of in-state moves, and add that personal touch.
From a single piece to 5000 square foot homes, Your Personal Mover, Inc is the local moving company people trust to get their stuff from one place to another.
Remodels and Staging
Getting ready to remodel or sell your home and you need some things moved around internally?
Small Office Moves
Do you have a small office space or a few offices that you need to be moved from one location to another?
How It Works
Call or Email us for an estimate
The information we need is:
- The access at all locations for a 24-foot box truck
- What kind of move: apartment or house?
- Do you need packing services?
- We'll need a detailed list of the items to be moved.
- If it is a 2-bedroom house or larger, we like to provide a free in person estimate.
Browse through our moving tips.
Schedule Your Move
The information we need is:
- The address you are moving from and to
- The best phone number for the day of the move
- NO DEPOSIT REQUIRED TO SCHEDULE!
What We Offer
Home Moving Services
Our goal is to make your move as stress-free as possible. Our employees are trained, quick, efficient, professional, and courteous. We disassemble and reassemble furniture. Moving blankets, 24-foot box trucks, and moving equipment are included in our transparent, easy-to-decipher rates. Your satisfaction is guaranteed with us. We are fully insured above the Colorado requirements. Call or contact us now for a free in-person or over-the-phone estimate.
Loading and Unloading
PODS, self-storage, warehouse, trailer, U-Haul truck, Penske truck, Budget truck or any moving van at our Denver moving company. Need local moving labor? Let our professional movers load and unload your furniture.
Remodels and Staging
With our low 2-hour minimum, we are the perfect moving company to fit your needs. We can move things within your home, to your garage or to offsite storage if needed.
Senior Moving Sevices
Downsizing is never easy but with our patient and helpful movers, we make it fun.
Our crew is very familiar with the process and procedures for moving seniors into senior living. We can provide full-service packing, moving, and partial unpacking. Our staff aren’t trained interior decorators, but they are great at arranging your furniture in your new senior apartment to the best advantage.
Small Office Moves
Why Choose Your Personal Mover, Inc. For Arvada Movers?
- Specialize in “Intra-Metro” Moves, Right Here in Colorado
- Competitive Pricing
- Movers are Local, Experienced, Full-Time Employees (no contractors!)
- Free Detailed Moving Quotes
- Packing/Unpacking Services
- Loading/Unloading Services
- Full Replacement Value Insurance
- A+ Accredited Member of Denver and Boulder BBB
- Dedicated Customer Service
Fill out our Moving Quote form and we will follow up with you right away! Or give us a call to find more information on our full service moving company. Let us be your moving services for Arvada CO.
Learn More About What The Best Arvada Moving Company Has To Offer!
- We will keep Your moving costs low
- We have great replacement insurance
- We are a local mover that takes care of their employees
- We have fabulous reviews because of our great moving services
- We provide services and van lines for local moves within the Arvada and Denver area and long distance moving
- We offer elite professional moving van lines and trucks
- We are family owned and treat our customers like family!
If you are moving a short distance within Arvada, Colorado or to Denver, Lakewood, Highlands Ranch or anywhere in-between, we will make it your best move ever. Give us a chance to meet all your Arvada moving needs.
One to Two Months Prior to Move Date
- Book a moving company. One month out is probably the latest you'll want to reserve the services of a moving company to ensure that sufficient trucks and workers are available. For a summer move, you should allow two to three months if at all possible.
- Notify the U.S. Post Office with a change of address information and designate forwarding dates.
- Order moving supplies. Your Personal Mover, Inc will deliver boxes to you so that you can begin the packing process if you decide to pack some or all of your items.
- Sort and discard (or donate) unwanted items. Many charitable organizations will pick up household items from your home. Don't pay to move things you don't want or need!
- Confirm elevator, loading dock, and parking arrangements for moving day at both the origin and destination locations.
- Begin packing rarely used rooms such as the storage space in the basement or the guest room. Start in one corner and don’t leave until everything is in a box that closes flat and is taped shut. Be sure to clearly label the boxes with your name, contents, and the destination of the contents. Some people use a color-coded system so red tape for the kitchen, blue tape for the living room, etc. Whichever method you use, make sure it is consistent.
Two Weeks Prior to Move Date
- Notify utility companies and other service providers per their requirements.
- Make arrangements for babysitters and pet sitters for moving day.
- Arrange for time off from work in order to be present on moving day.
- Stop sorting and start packing! The time is now to get everything you want us to move in a box that closes flat and is taped shut.
- Keep in mind that lamps, lampshades and light bulbs need to be packed if they are going on the truck.
One Week Prior to Move Day
- Confirm the moving date and time with your moving company.
- Provide the moving company with your new telephone number, if applicable.
- Unless you have hired us to pack, have we mentioned that you need to pack? I know, I know, it seems like stuff just multiplies. The more you pack, the more you have to pack.
- Determine what you will need for moving day, night and the day after. Start gathering these items in a special box or a suitcase.
- Remove fragile and loose items from drawers and pack them carefully in small moving boxes.
Remove all affixed items that you'd like to take from the walls and ceilings, such as drapes, light fixtures, and ceiling fans and pack them into boxes.
One Day Prior to Move Day
- Identify furniture that is fragile or weakened and make a note to inform the moving crew about these pieces on moving day.
- Separate and label the items that you do not want the crew to transport.
- Set aside checkbooks, keys, cash, credit cards, and prescription medication. These should be handled by you personally on moving day.
- Defrost, drain, wash, and dry refrigerators and freezers that you are planning to move with you.
- Drain waterbeds.
- Drain gas and oil from lawn mowers and any other equipment.
- Disconnect propane tanks from gas grills. Your movers will not be able to transport this tank on moving day.
- Clear and clean your walkways and driveway.
On Moving Day
- Put the important things in your car you will need right away: Important papers, check book, etc., the suitcase with the essentials such as a change of clothes, toiletries, medications, the special doggy treats, or the snugly your little one just can’t fall asleep without.
- Double-check closets, drawers, shelves, attic space, and the garage to be sure nothing is left behind.
- Diagram or place post-its noted with what and where you want furniture placed in each room. Our movers will make sure the rooms are set up how you want them.
- If your boxes are well labeled, we will do our best to make sure they get where they need to go.
- We will also do a “final placement” walk through to make sure all the furniture is where you want it.
- Everything that can go in a box, should be in a box that closes flat and is taped shut. That is the mantra for packing when you hire a moving company. Here are some helpful tips to keep in mind when tackling the job of packing your home.
- Don’t pack, hire us instead! We can pack it all while you kick back and catch up on your favorite show, until we pack the TV anyway!
- All joking aside:
- When you start packing the tendency is to organize first. You will pick up an object and think “oh, this should be packed with the office stuff”. You will then walk the object to the office and start organizing there and then the whole process starts all over again. This is great if you have started a couple months in advance of your move but if you only have a few weeks then you only have a day to organize.
- Customers have often said the best advice we have given them is to stay in a room and pack until everything in that room is in a box that closes flat and is taped shut. We always say start on one side and work your way around, taking pictures off the wall and packing them, packing the lamps, lightbulbs and lampshades etc.
- Start in the rooms that don’t get used often such as the storage space in the basement or the guest room grandma uses twice a year. Some things will already be consolidated in boxes but many things aren’t. This is the time to consolidate everything.
- Purging: When you are packing if you keep coming across things you don’t want or need then have a box available for those items. Don’t spend to much time deciding whether to keep or throw. Each decision process can take 30 seconds to 5 minutes when you go down memory lane. Keep the decision to 30 seconds, if you can’t decide then keep it. When you are done with the room, take the donation box to the next room if it isn’t full or if it is then take it directly to your car or the donation pile in the garage. There are a lot of places that will pick up donations if they are in your garage such as ARC, The Salvation Army, and Goodwill to name a few.
- If you are using our services, when you pack a closet, pack everything that doesn’t hang, including loose hangers. We bring Wardrobe boxes on the day of the move for any hanging clothes. You can load them while we move other things or we can load them. The best part? We unload them into your new closets and they are ready to go.
- Pictures: If they are small enough to put in a regular box then pack them. I advise using old towels in between each picture. It saves on packing paper or bubble wrap. If they are larger and glass fronted then we can wrap them in a moving blanket and secure them in the truck that way. If they are oils or valuable in actuality or sentimentality then put them in a picture pack or move them yourself.
- Not sure how to pack something? Give us a call, we are happy to help!
Cost Saving Tips
- Preparing for a move is more than just packing things into boxes. Here are some tips that will make your move take less time which saves you money. Keep in mind that we provide all of these services as well, so if you run out of time, no worries!
- When packing, use uniform sized boxes. Liquor boxes always seem like a good idea but you end up with twice the number and your move takes longer. They also don’t stack well in the truck which makes it take longer to load.
- Move pictures, plants and lamps yourself. When lamps aren’t packed, they take longer to protect in the truck and are not insured. Often, our crew will recommend you put them in your car and they can assist you with that if needed.
- Dis and reassemble beds, bunk beds, loft beds, and tables.
- Bookshelves and glass shelves out of bookcases or curio cabinets: Take them out and wrap them in an old blanket or quilt then tape it once around. Mark the tape if it is glass so our crew will know. Take the shelf pins out and put them in a baggie and pack them where you know where they are.
- Disconnect all electronics and pack them prior to our arrival. If you aren’t able to, have a box available marked electronics and cords, tv remote, etc. Instruct the movers to also put all extension cords they find throughout the day into this box.
Your satisfaction is guaranteed with the way our crew works.
Annette was attentive to my questions about the service and the movers, Jake and Peter, were personable, amicable and professional. It was only a one room apartment but they were exemplary in the way they took care of my possessions. We joked at the end of the day that the only casualties(thankfully!) were two plastic hangers. Great move with great people and an overall great experience. Thank you so much!