When moving to a new home, it’s important to have a clearly defined list of what you plan to do with everything on the premises. In some cases, you might want to move some of your items as quickly as possible, while leaving the rest in storage. At other times, you’ll want to decide to move almost everything (aside from items you might want to discard or donate), while also keeping your options open regarding what new appliances or furniture items you might want to buy anew.
As you decide upon your list, take all the different types of items separately and divide them up into categories – such as electronics, clothes, shoes, small furniture items, fragile items, etc. If the home you’re moving to is smaller, consider selling or donating some of the larger items you own and planning to get newer items of a more manageable size.
If you’re in a hurry, smaller items can simply be stored in boxes and either delivered to your new place or placed in storage, until such time as you can unpack them and decide what to do with them.
Just make sure that the final list of all the items you want to deliver will be double checked and shown to the movers as well, so that you won’t have any unpleasant surprises in the unfortunate event that some of your items might be lost or stolen. Establish a moving date and get on the schedule with a great moving company like https://yourpersonalmover.net/geo-location/moving-company-for-arvada-co/.
Moving to a new home can be stressful if you’re not used to it. If the last time you moved to a new place was 20-30 years ago, then it’s understandable why you might start to panic as the due date draws near. However, if you use a few simple tips to keep everything in check and get organized prior to the big day, you’ll find the whole process to be a total breeze, and it might even be a lot of fun:
- Start early and make a detailed plan of everything you have to take care of. Consult your movers and your real estate agent, and also make sure that you have all the necessary documents in one place, stacked together neatly, so you don’t have to look for them at short notice.
- Establish all the tasks that need doing and the Wheat Ridge moving companies you might have to hire to take care of them. For instance, make sure you have already booked the movers, cleaning service and storage providers you need well before the due date of the move.
- Determine what you’ll take with you and what you won’t. Package all the items neatly, and make sure you use specially labeled boxes for anything fragile or valuable. Also, consider deciding whether you want to sell, donate or store any items that you’re not able to take with you.
As you decide to move to a new house, it’s important to know what you’ll be taking with you and what you’ll leave behind, sell or donate. As you consider these options, it’s important to keep in mind that you might only be able to take a certain percentage of your belongings with you. That is usually the case when you’re moving to a home with a smaller square footage than the one you’re moving out of.
To determine what you can/should take with you or not, here are some helpful tips:
- Can you take it through the door? If you have an item massive enough that you can’t even fit it through the door, you might want to get rid of it or sell it as soon as possible, especially if you’re moving to an apartment and you won’t have an outdoor area to store it in, or think about hiring movers Arvada hosts to and get it moved.
- Make a note of older furniture that might be too brittle and fragile to take along for the ride. In most cases, it will just take up a lot of space and end up being damaged by the time it arrives to its destination.
- Consider what the most essential items are that you can’t live without, and plan to pack and move them first. Also, make sure they fit and choose the place where you’ll set them up as soon as possible. That way, if something doesn’t fit or is incompatible with the new home, you’ll know right away and take precautions before you move.
When you’re preparing to move to a new house, it’s important to do everything at the right time. Timing is essential, since all the various services you will have to coordinate with – regarding moving, cleaning, home inspections and so on – will hardly wait for you to change or manage your schedule at short notice. Like it or not, planning ahead is the only way to get everything done as swiftly as possible.
With that in mind, most movers suggest that you begin packing as early as 6 weeks before moving house. That’s the same time when you should start looking for a moving company, as you’re not guaranteed to find one that is free at short notice right before you have to move – which can spell disaster in a lot of different ways.
Another reason why you need to start that early is because of all the items you’ll have to organize into categories and boxes as well as the ones that might have to be placed into a storage unit, if the available space at your new home is not enough.
By choosing to start packing as early as 6 weeks before the move, you’ll give yourself plenty of time to deal with everything and to schedule a moving company Arvada is home to. Even if a delay occurs, it will be manageable, and you can avoid a lot of the stress and panic that might otherwise come up right before you have to leave your old house behind.
Giving your new home a thorough clean before you have Your Personal Mover help you move in is a great way to start your new life. Here are some tips:
- Start by getting the supplies – you will need several pairs of rubber gloves to protect your hands from the harsh cleaning chemicals, sponges and scrubs, paper towels, microfiber cloth and the usual home cleaning appliances and tools, including a vacuum cleaner, a broom, a duster and buckets;
- Cleaning the bathroom – the bathroom is where you should start because you are likely to need it while you are cleaning the other rooms. Start with dusting from the top, then move on to the tasks that require the use of water. Pay special attention to the cabinets and the bathing fixtures;
- Cleaning the kitchen – the process is the same as in the case of the bathroom, from top to bottom. Pay special attention to the cabinets, the stove and the fridge;
- Cleaning the rooms – you should start by dusting the walls, then scrub and wash the floors. Make sure that all the glass surfaces are impeccable. If you have wooden floors, use the right type of gentle, but efficient chemical to clean them without damaging them.
If the day of your move is approaching and you are still at loss about what and how to pack, here are some items that you should definitely not pack along with your other belongings:
- Valuable documents, jewelry, money and securities – these items are very important and they don’t take up much space, so they should be with you, in your handbag;
- Anything that is flammable, toxic or perishable – any food, paints, aerosols and other household chemicals should be safely disposed of before you move. Moving companies are usually not allowed to transport such items anyway;
- House plants – most companies don’t transport household plants either or, if they do, they charge extra for them. If you will be following the moving truck in your own car, your plants should travel with you;
- Medications – it is a good idea to have only the medicines that you need on the day of the move and maybe on the following day. You can get your prescriptions transferred to your new address and take out your medicines at your new place;
- Pets – your animal friend should also travel with you – it is safer for everyone and that way you can comfort your stressed animal whenever necessary.
Find reliable movers here https://yourpersonalmover.net/moving-services-wheat-ridge-co/.
Packing your entire household for your upcoming move doesn’t have to be an overwhelming process. The key to making the process as easy as possible is to start early, to give yourself sufficient time to do it all in an organized and calm manner. Be sure to get on the schedule with the Wheat Ridge movers. Here is a timeline:
- 6 weeks before your planned move – start sorting through your items and deciding what to take with you and what not. Make three piles: one for the items that you use regularly and will go with you to your new place, one for the items that you don’t need, but can be donated or sold and one for the items that should go to the garbage bin. The next step is to sell or donate the usable items;
- 4 weeks before the move – start looking for the most suitable moving solution;
- 2 weeks before the move – start packing the things that you will take with you to your new place. Pack the items that you don’t use regularly, such as bedding and appliances, then work your way gradually. Use boxes as well as bags and label or mark each of them with the name of the room that they are for;
- The day before the move – pack a moving day box or bag with the items that you will need on your first day, such as a towel, toiletries, a blanket and pillow.
Packing up to move and to start a new life in a new home is an exciting process. Here are some tips to make it as easy as possible:
- Declutter – moving items that are broken or that you have not used in a long time is useless. Packing is a great opportunity for getting rid of any items that hold you back and take up precious space – you can even sell the items that are still functional and use the money to offset your moving costs;
- Take your time – don’t try to pack everything during the night before the move. Start a couple of weeks before the planned date, with the items that you don’t use every day, then work your way through your rooms, so that by the last day all you have to pack are the belongings that you need for your first day at the new place;
- Get the right type of supplies – you will need boxes of various sizes, plastic bags, string, tape, scissors and lots of wrapping paper. If you are planning to label your boxes and bags, get labels of different color to mark the items that go in the different rooms on your new home. Make sure to schedule time with one of the local moving companies Arvada has to ease the load.
If you have ever moved, you know that cardboard boxes of different sizes, secured with adhesive tape are probably neither the safest transportation option and nor the most convenient. Not to mention the impact of using cardboard packaging on the environment. Fortunately, there are companies that provide customers with more convenient and faster eco alternatives for packing, which will make your move more economical and secure. Instead of buying cardboard boxes or looking for boxes that you can reuse, you can now rent boxes made of eco-friendly materials, such as recycled plastic or metal. They are durable and your things will be safer in there than with improvised packing solutions.
These boxes have a design that allows maximizing storage space and minimizing packing time. They are easy to handle and can be stacked safely, for easier transportation.
Get in touch with movers Wheat Ridge CO that offers moving boxes and containers and schedule the delivery shortly before the day of your move. The boxes will be delivered to your door. After moving, a company`s representative will pick up the boxes from your new home, they will be cleaned, disinfected and rented to other people who need them just like you did.
Moving to a new home can be a happy but also a busy and stressful time, when you have to make many decisions. Until you get settled in your new home and have your first coffee in peace, you have an almost endless list of things you need to do, besides packing, transporting, unpacking and organizing everything you bring with you to the new location.
Here is how you can stay organized while packing for a move.
- Start early (at least 1 week in advance) and plan so that you avoid packing in a hurry.
- Make a list of the items you want to take with you and get rid of the others for which you do not want to pay to be transported. We all have things that lay forgotten in a corner of the attic, garage or a room. If you have not used an object for so long, you will definitely not use it in your new home, so get rid of it before you start packing what is really necessary.
- Try to sell at least some of the old furniture, or donate it. Unless you have no other option, you are probably not so eager to have old things in your new home, so you would better try getting some money back on that old furniture and use it to purchase something new.
- Organizes packing by category and uses labels.
All of this organization is appreciated by the Arvada moving company who moves you. It helps them to know which room to place boxes for unpacking and makes the move much quicker, rather than waiting for someone to tell them.