If you have decided to accept that great job with a company located hundreds of miles away from your current home or you are moving home for a different reason, the process of having to pack and load your belongings onto a truck, then unloading the truck at your new place is surely causing you lots of stress. However, with a little attention and planning, you can reduce the stress and you can focus on the positively exciting side of the process – here is how:
- Start sorting through your items at least a month before the planned move – chances are that you have more than a couple of items that are not functional or that you no longer use. Sort through them and get rid of whatever you don’t need to make the packing phase easier;
- Get plenty of packing supplies – you will need lots of boxes, plastic bags, tape and markers;
- Pack in an organized way – set up a system for the packing process. You can pack the items that go into one type of room at a time, such as start with the items for the bedroom, then move to the living room and so on or you can choose to pack by types of items, such as clothes, cutlery, dishes, go easy on yourself and hire moving companies in Wheat Ridge to move you;
- Take your time – exhaustion is the biggest enemy of organized action, so don’t exhaust yourself, take the time to do it all right.
Moving house is an exciting experience that marks a new beginning, but it can also be a costly undertaking. If you are currently planning to move to a new place and you don’t want to spend a fortune on the process, here are some tips that can reduce your relocation costs:
- Sort through your belongings and get rid of unnecessary items – the fewer items there are to move, the cheaper the process gets, so evaluate your items and determine which are the ones that you can do without. Get rid of anything that you haven’t used in at least a year, items that you have multiple of and items that are no longer functional;
- Consider the features of your new place – if your new place is smaller than your existing home, you will probably be unable to squeeze all your furniture and appliances into the new place, so when you are sorting your belongings, pay attention to this aspect as well;
- Pack your items yourself – most movers wheat ridge CO offer professional packing services, but they come for a price. You can reduce your moving expenses by packing your belongings yourself;
- Have a garage sale – you will probably have many items that will not move with you, but are still functional. You can make some money to reduce your moving costs by selling those items.
When you’re moving, a lot of problems can arise, and if you’re not careful, some of your most prized and treasured possessions might be broken or damaged along the way. Fragile items have to be taken care of especially well, since they can easily break when being bumped around during a long trip on the movers’ truck. As a result, you have to take extra special care with the packaging process for these items.
The first thing to do is to find boxes that can fit the item many times over. You don’t want one where the item you want to store will be too close to the walls of the box. If at all possible, get one made of thicker cardboard or wood, so that the walls can provide some added protection.
Bubble wrap is a good idea for packaging most fragile items. In that respect, it’s good to use 3-4 layers of bubble wrap wrapped neatly around the item and secured with duct tape. Thick fabrics can also be used to line the box so that the item will not be thrown around and shaken up too easily and that it will fit quite snugly in the box.
Finally, make sure you mark the box as “fragile” and set it aside. While putting it into the storage compartment or the movers’ van, you’ll want to have that box along with all other fragile items stored in the foreground and fastened in place so that it won’t move around too much during the trip.
Get more Packing and moving tips at https://yourpersonalmover.net/moving-services-wheat-ridge-co/.
Disassembling furniture for a move is another one of those DIY projects for those who do not want to enlist a moving company. Even for those who do seek help from a moving company, disassembling furniture yourself ahead of time is one way to save time and money. Big, bulky furniture is made to fill …
Continue reading “Disassembling Furniture for a Move”
Moving is expensive enough, without having to hire help for every single task. With minimal supplies and a little extra time, anybody is able to secure their priceless pictures, and mirrors, without outsourcing for professional help. The essentials needed to do so are moving boxes, they can even be re-used boxes; packing paper, bubble wrap, …
Continue reading “How to Pack Pictures when you Move”
PODS, ABF U-Pack and Pack Rat If one were to add up all the decisions required to make for a move, how many would that be? Hundreds? Maybe even one-thousand, depending on the distance? Many questions people ask themselves when planning a move involve the cost of moving. Nobody wants to pay more than what …
Continue reading “Easing Your Move with Portable Moving Storage Containers”
It’s not ideal for anyone to have to pack up all their belongings and move during a bitterly cold winter. Unexpectedly, life might decide to throw you a blizzardy curve-ball and before you know it, it’s winter and you’re packing up the house. Fortunately, there are precautions that will help ensure your move goes as …
Continue reading “Preserving Plants While Packing & Moving in the Winter”
You’ve found a new place, and it’s official—you’ve moving! It’s an exciting and challenging time, and you’ve got plenty of things to do. The process can seem overwhelming, but it doesn’t have to be that way if you take things a step at a time. It’s time to get organized! Grab a pen and a …
Continue reading “Moving Checklist & Tips to Make Your Life So Much Easier”
We all know moving can be stressful. Whether you are moving across the Denver Metro or moving across the street here are some packing tips to make it a little less chaotic. 1. Plan and organize. Set up a calendar based on how far out your move is. If you are starting early and have …
Continue reading “Packing Tips to Take Away the Stress”