Whether relocating down the street or across the country, properly organizing your move is essential to ensure a smooth transition to your new home. Here are five tips along with booking your move date with Your Personal Mover to help you dodge the pitfalls of improperly managing your move and make it a not-so-dreaded task.
1. Start early – Begin packing and organizing as soon as possible. Do not wait until the last minute – let’s face it, procrastination is your enemy here!
2. Create a plan – Draw an organizational plan for your move. Mapping out actions and tasks that need to be completed, such as booking a moving company or scheduling utility transfers, will help you stay on track.
3. Pack smartly – Start packing the items you do not use much first. Take the opportunity to downsize and eliminate things you no longer need. Consider using boxes of different sizes and colors so you can easily keep track of and find items when you get to your new place.
4. Tag everything – Label all your boxes for ease of unpacking. Include details such as the room it will end up in, the number of items inside the box, and any specific instructions for the mover if needed.
5. Do not stress out! – Above all else, don’t get overwhelmed. Take the moving process one step at a time and keep yourself organized. After all, even though moving is time-consuming and chaotic, do not forget that it can be an excellent way for a fresh start!