Giving your new home a thorough clean before you have Your Personal Mover help you move in is a great way to start your new life. Here are some tips:
- Start by getting the supplies – you will need several pairs of rubber gloves to protect your hands from the harsh cleaning chemicals, sponges and scrubs, paper towels, microfiber cloth and the usual home cleaning appliances and tools, including a vacuum cleaner, a broom, a duster and buckets;
- Cleaning the bathroom – the bathroom is where you should start because you are likely to need it while you are cleaning the other rooms. Start with dusting from the top, then move on to the tasks that require the use of water. Pay special attention to the cabinets and the bathing fixtures;
- Cleaning the kitchen – the process is the same as in the case of the bathroom, from top to bottom. Pay special attention to the cabinets, the stove and the fridge;
- Cleaning the rooms – you should start by dusting the walls, then scrub and wash the floors. Make sure that all the glass surfaces are impeccable. If you have wooden floors, use the right type of gentle, but efficient chemical to clean them without damaging them.
Packing up to move and to start a new life in a new home is an exciting process. Here are some tips to make it as easy as possible:
- Declutter – moving items that are broken or that you have not used in a long time is useless. Packing is a great opportunity for getting rid of any items that hold you back and take up precious space – you can even sell the items that are still functional and use the money to offset your moving costs;
- Take your time – don’t try to pack everything during the night before the move. Start a couple of weeks before the planned date, with the items that you don’t use every day, then work your way through your rooms, so that by the last day all you have to pack are the belongings that you need for your first day at the new place;
- Get the right type of supplies – you will need boxes of various sizes, plastic bags, string, tape, scissors and lots of wrapping paper. If you are planning to label your boxes and bags, get labels of different color to mark the items that go in the different rooms on your new home. Make sure to schedule time with one of the local moving companies Arvada has to ease the load.
Moving to a new home can be a happy but also a busy and stressful time, when you have to make many decisions. Until you get settled in your new home and have your first coffee in peace, you have an almost endless list of things you need to do, besides packing, transporting, unpacking and organizing everything you bring with you to the new location.
Here is how you can stay organized while packing for a move.
- Start early (at least 1 week in advance) and plan so that you avoid packing in a hurry.
- Make a list of the items you want to take with you and get rid of the others for which you do not want to pay to be transported. We all have things that lay forgotten in a corner of the attic, garage or a room. If you have not used an object for so long, you will definitely not use it in your new home, so get rid of it before you start packing what is really necessary.
- Try to sell at least some of the old furniture, or donate it. Unless you have no other option, you are probably not so eager to have old things in your new home, so you would better try getting some money back on that old furniture and use it to purchase something new.
- Organizes packing by category and uses labels.
All of this organization is appreciated by the Arvada moving company who moves you. It helps them to know which room to place boxes for unpacking and makes the move much quicker, rather than waiting for someone to tell them.
If you wonder whether it matters if a moving company Arvada has is insured, the answer is Yes.
The first important thing you need to understand is that being insured is not the same with offering insurance. An insured professional mover carries basic insurance that covers a part of damage or loss that occurred while handling your things. This coverage is only a fraction from the value of an object; therefore some movers purchase additional insurance, to be able to provide full-valuation that covers repairs or replacement.
The easiest way to find out if your mover offers insurance is to ask it when you check its credentials. Make sure you are allowed to see the insurance certifications as well as the state or federal license. Ask for copies on paper or via email, to have proof of that coverage. This way, you are sure about what you are entitled to if some of your things are broken or lost in the relocation process.
On the other hand, it is good to know that if you have homeowner’s coverage, you may get compensation for damaged goods while they are in the custody of the moving company, but this coverage is mostly limited to catastrophic loss coverage.
If you have recently moved to a new home, you will have to either cancel utilities as any of the moving companies Denver supplies will tell you, or transfer services to your new location, within six months of becoming the owner of the property, otherwise the services will be ceased. This situation may become unpleasant not only because you will not have access to utilities, but also because the reconnection of services will be possible only with additional costs.
In order to transfer a contract you have with a certain utility supplier from your name to someone else`s name or vice versa, you have several possibilities.
- Both the seller and the buyer of the property go together at one of the customer relations centers of the utility supplier. Here, they submit the file with the documents requested by the company and ask for the transfer of the contract to the new owner.
- The buyers of the property present themselves at the customer relations center and prove that they are the new owner, requesting a new contract.
- The former owner requires the cancellation of the contract. In this case, the new owner can present the documents necessary to make new contracts anytime they wish.
Planning ahead for your move is definitely good because it keeps you organized and ready to face this daunting process. These are just a few guidelines.
Make a plan
Before you do anything else, make sure you create a plan, just to make sure everything will go smoothly and you will not be overwhelmed my last minute preparations. It will also help relieve stress and also get through this period without much frustration.
Create a schedule
Moving is complicated and has many steps you need to take. To help you stay organized, it is ideal to create a schedule, with tasks that you must complete and deadlines.
Setting the moving budget
Once you have set the budget for the move, you must also consider how to save some money in the process. This requires some prospective work in order to find the best offers from moving companies, insurers etc.
Sorting things out
Moving is the perfect time to sort all your things and decide what goes with you and what ends up in the bin or as a donation. You must also see what you can do about transporting heavy, bulky or valuable items.
Give yourself time!
Time is not always our friend. Sometimes moving can be unpredictable, forcing you to make changes at the last minute and act fast. Give yourself at least eight weeks to get everything ready. Schedule ahead of time with the moving companies Arvada has to help with the move.
Moving in winter is a process that is completely different from moving in any other season, especially in Colorado, where the winters are completely different from the winters in other geographical regions. Winters are hard in the Centennial State, but if you respect nature’s forces and you act cautiously, it is still possible to move your household without any loss and damage:
- Respect low temperatures – objects behave differently in freezing temperatures, they become more brittle and more fragile. To prevent any unnecessary breaks, use more wrapping paper and bubble wrap, more towels to separate sensitive items and sturdier packing boxes;
- Start organizing and preparing for the move early – things are slower in winter and you might encounter difficulties finding the right movers, too, so start looking for an Arvada moving company to hire at least a month before the planned date of month before the planned date of our move;
- Be flexible – be prepared that the weather will have the last word about when and how you can move. If there is a snowstorm in the forecast, you might need to put up with that and postpone your move and the trip to your new destination might also take longer than in fair weather.
Moving is stressful and difficult in any season, but the wet, cold weather makes the process even more challenging. If you feel even more stressed because you don’t know what to expect when moving home in the cold season, here are some things that you should know about:
- Rates are somewhat lower – cold, snowy or wet weather decreases the demand for moving services, therefore you can probably get better rates from your movers in winter;
- Be prepared for adverse road conditions – snow and mud accumulate not only in your yard or in front of your building; winter weather affects road conditions as well. The special circumstances typical of winter also make driving more difficult, so it is a good idea to avoid driving the moving truck yourself, leaving the task to the professional driver of your moving company;
- Be smart when you take care of the utilities – you need heating and electricity in winter, so don’t get the heating disconnected in your old place until the last minute and make sure that you can turn on your heaters high the minute you arrive at your new place. Handle the rest of the utilities wisely as well – heating and electricity are the most important, but you cannot go without running water either and having the cable and the internet installed are also recommended.
For a great winter moving company, be sure to call https://yourpersonalmover.net/moving-services-wheat-ridge-co/.
The most important thing when you move is to plan and organize everything in time including the movers Arvada has for hire. Therefore, for a successful home relocation, follow the steps below:
Contact a moving company, choose the services you need and schedule your move
Evaluate the different provided services and decide which ones are helpful for you and which ones you can afford. Always ask for price estimation before making your choice. Contact the moving company again, a couple of days before your move, and discuss the last details.
Start packing early
Start packing personal items at least a week before your moving date. For better organization and easier access, pack each room separately and put labels on every box.
Dismantle bulky furniture
Beds, cabinets, wardrobes – these large furniture pieces must be dismantled, otherwise there may not be possible to move them.
Prepare the large house appliances for being moved
Defrost your refrigerator the day before you move. Do not do this on the moving day, because it will leak all over your other belongings, during transportation. Also, contact an installer to cut off the washing machine from the water system, as well as the stove from the gas network.
Ideally, summer seems to be the perfect season for moving to a new home, but many people do not realize that winter can also be a good time for this, especially considering that relocation companies are not so busy and you will not have to worry about being put on a waiting list.
If you opted for a winter move, it is good to know how to pack boxes in order to keep all your things safe and protected from winter weather.
- Avoid cardboard boxes, because snow may destroy their rigidity and they will fail to keep your things protected, not to mention that they will be almost impossible to carry if they lose their shape. If you have no other solution, wrap them in plastic bags and seal them as best as you can.
- Keep some paper towels close, to wipe the boxes from moisture
- Electronics need more heat, because they are sensitive objects. It is wise to put them in extra protected and insulated boxes and make sure they stay outdoors as little as possible. You surely do not want to unpack them and find frozen screens and dead appliances. Remember that moving trucks may stay out overnight, so if you have items that can be damaged by cold weather, you may want to make alternative arrangements for them.
Get on the schedule of the best movers in town, https://www.yourpersonalmover.net.