Any Questions Moving Companies Answers

Are you ready to move into your new home? The last step before leaving your home for good is hiring one of the Arvada moving companies to deliver your belongings at the new address. However, if you do not want any issues with this crucial aspect of changing houses, you need to make sure that you work with professional movers.


Here is what you need to ask the moving company before you sign the agreement:


Do You Hold a FMCSA License?

The Federal Motor Carrier Safety Administration (FMCSA) is a government agency that regulates the activity of companies operating commercial vehicles. The FMCSA licensing does not guarantee that you will get excellent service, but you know that you are dealing with a legitimate moving company, not scammers.


Do You Work with Contractors or W-2 Employees?

Some moving companies work with contractors instead of hiring moving personnel. This means that the company need not provide the workers with health insurance. But this also means that, should one of the workers suffer an accident at your premises, they may sue you for hospital bills. Thus, you need to find a moving company whose personnel consist of W-2 employees.


What Kind of Insurance Cover Do You Offer?

Every moving company is required by law to provide basic liability coverage. The value of this coverage is $0.30 per pound for intrastate moves and $0.60 per pound for interstate moves. This is not sufficient to cover the actual cost of heavy large appliances, such as washing machines, smart TVs and workstations. Thus, you should hire a moving company that provides Full-Value Protection coverage.