Arvada moving companies have a reputation of being very helpful when it comes to guiding their clients on how to tackle even the most challenging of moves. Before you think of moving to a new house, consider the following list of recommendations on how to plan your move as thoroughly as possible:
- Plan ahead. You don’t want moving day to come and catch you off guard. It’s important to plan your move at least 5-6 weeks in advance to give you some leeway when it comes to things that you haven’t foreseen.
- Make sure you create a detailed and organized inventory of all the items you want to move. Organize them by category, size and weight, and make sure that you ask your Arvada moving company for advice on how to package them.
- Use plenty of bubble wrap and boxes designed especially for fragile items, when you package things like crystal chandeliers, old plates and glasses, fragile artwork and small glass furniture.
- Make sure that you do your best to create a clear path free of obstacles from the place where the movers will arrive and your front door. Also, consider clearing the path for larger pieces of furniture inside as well, so that the movers can easily take them out the door and to the truck.
- Finally, if you want to get rid of or sell some of your belongings, or you don’t have enough space at the new house, ask your movers to recommend a good storage company that can provide you with a secure storage unit for your excess items.