The first feeling that a moving company should inspire in you is trust because you cannot leave your belongings in the hands of just anyone. The transport of furniture, large appliances, and other personal goods requires attention to detail and a team with experience in the moving process.
Whether you are relocating to a new home or another business location, you need a reliable ally for your move. But what should guide you when choosing a moving company in Golden?
First of all, the company must have a license.
The state of Colorado requires local registration for moving trucks and drivers. As for handy persons, there are no license requirements at the state level, but there are local requirements.
In the code of the city of Golden, article III – Contractor licensing stipulates that moving contractors are required to apply for and obtain a valid license.
Without a license, you have no guarantee that you are signing a valid contract or that the integrity of your belongings during the move will be protected by insurance.
In addition, licensed companies are typically reliable, interested in protecting their reputation, and have well-trained teams that act quickly and efficiently. Always work with movers in Golden such as https://yourpersonalmover.net who have invested in the proper business requirements.
Giving your new home a thorough clean before you have Your Personal Mover help you move in is a great way to start your new life. Here are some tips:
- Start by getting the supplies – you will need several pairs of rubber gloves to protect your hands from the harsh cleaning chemicals, sponges and scrubs, paper towels, microfiber cloth and the usual home cleaning appliances and tools, including a vacuum cleaner, a broom, a duster and buckets;
- Cleaning the bathroom – the bathroom is where you should start because you are likely to need it while you are cleaning the other rooms. Start with dusting from the top, then move on to the tasks that require the use of water. Pay special attention to the cabinets and the bathing fixtures;
- Cleaning the kitchen – the process is the same as in the case of the bathroom, from top to bottom. Pay special attention to the cabinets, the stove and the fridge;
- Cleaning the rooms – you should start by dusting the walls, then scrub and wash the floors. Make sure that all the glass surfaces are impeccable. If you have wooden floors, use the right type of gentle, but efficient chemical to clean them without damaging them.
Hiring the right movers such as Your Personal Mover of Golden is an important thing to consider even 6-7 weeks before you move to your new place. In that respect, you should consider the following questions that you need to ask your new movers in advance, before you even hire them:
- Do you have a license and proper insurance? Every self respecting moving company should be able to answer this question affirmatively and provide you with details on their license and insurance without trying to hide anything.
- What is the work you will do? Can you help with packing and loading the items, or do you just provide a transportation service? Also, what is the cost of each of the services you have to offer? Getting informed about what the role of everyone in the move is and how much the moving service will cost you should be among the first things you do.
- What guarantee do I have that you will handle my belongings with care and that I will be reimbursed if any of them are damaged during the move? It’s a good idea to go over the movers’ insurance policy and listen to their guarantee offer carefully, before agreeing to hire them.
- What kind of advice can you give me to make sure the move goes smoothly? Typically, a dependable and friendly mover will be able to give you a lot of practical advice that you can also verify by getting a second opinion or doing some online research. That’s how you’ll really know they are legit.
Whenever anyone asks for a recommendation for another mover if we can’t accommodate their dates or moving needs, I suggest they go to the Better Business Bureau to check reputations. I had just recommended that when I received this in the mail. I am happy to say we have an A+ rating with the BBB. …
Continue reading “A+ Rated Better Business Bureau”
Moving in the fall with the leaves falling all around is a beautiful sight. There are a couple of things to keep in mind in the midst of all that beauty. Leaves can track into a house. Our moving crew will sweep between the ramp and the truck to minimize tracking as much as possible. …
Continue reading “Moving in the Fall”
Fall is in the air and for many of you reading this, it is a time of personal transition as well. Moving in the fall is a pleasant experience. The days are cooler, people are gearing up to root for their favorite football team, and the summer days are getting shorter. This means that your …
Continue reading “Moving Days to Come”
In the spirit of Thanksgiving, thank you all for your interest in our company. Here is a recent email from one of our happy customers. On Wednesday, November 12, 2014 8:20 AM, GLENN ALLISON wrote: Annette, We are enjoying our new home and wanted to write to give you a bit of feedback on our …
Continue reading “Happy Customers, Happy Movers”
We all know moving can be stressful. Whether you are moving across the Denver Metro or moving across the street here are some packing tips to make it a little less chaotic. 1. Plan and organize. Set up a calendar based on how far out your move is. If you are starting early and have …
Continue reading “Packing Tips to Take Away the Stress”
Did you wait till the last minute to hire a mover? We just had a cancellation Saturday May 31, 2014 for a 2 man crew. Give us a call if you need some assistance on Saturday! We have other dates available in the future as well so don’t hesitate to call if you have a …
Continue reading “Need a Mover?”
Hard to believe we have been in business in the Denver Metro area for 10 years! I still remember the excitement and fear I felt starting our own business…and here we are 10 years later, still providing the same great service we set out to provide in the beginning. While our philosophy and vision remain …
Continue reading “Denver Metro Mover Celebrates 10 years”